There are many ways to help King Open teachers and staff in their efforts to engage, inspire, and support our kids.
Be a Classroom Connector
Volunteering to be a Classroom Connector (formerly Parent Representative) for your child’s classroom is a great way to get to know other families and contribute in a meaningful way to the King Open community. As a Classroom Connector, you might:
- Meet with the teacher to get a sense of his or her needs
- Create a list of families in your classroom with contact information
- Remind parents/guardians of school events and send out announcements via email
- Help your teacher(s) with simple tasks, as needed.
Any family member may be a classroom helper, even if you are new to King Open. Non English speakers also welcome!
If you are interested in being a Classroom Connector, please contact the following King Open parents:
- Sarah Morris (email@example.com)
- Sarah Christopher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lauren Hogan (email@example.com).
Click here for more detailed information on the role of Classroom Connectors.
Contribute Snacks and Supplies
Most teachers ask that parents contribute a snack for the entire classroom once or twice a year. Be sure to add your name to the snack calendar. Not sure what that might entail? Here are some snack ideas.
Teachers often need help restocking such supplies as sponges, cleansers, boxes of tissues, and more. Next time you are in the classroom, just ask what they could use!
Volunteer Your Time and Talents
Attend a field trip as a chaperone. Teachers and Classroom Connectors will probably alert you when chaperones are needed. Just remember that you need to fill out a CORI form.
Teachers welcome help of all kinds: reorganizing the classroom, assembling materials, extra hands for projects, preparing for a classroom presentation, etc. Just ask!